FAST. MANOUVERABLE. STABLE.
Vanhunks Shad 10'4" Bundle
The shad 10’4ft kayak — with all its attributes molded into an excellent craft for the avid fisherman and the relaxed paddler who wants to take in the sights —is a kayak ahead of its time.
The Shad is an exciting kayak that offers a removable tool box on deck and one of the primary benefits we wanted to afford you is this vessel’s remarkable stability and versatility. Stability was paramount, and the flat bottom with pontoon channels keeps the kayak on an even keel, equipping you with the confidence to sit or even stand easily while you’re out on the water.
Shad’s shape and sleek hull lines allow for much-needed speed and easy maneuverability. The double pontoon hull allows for easy flow of water through the channels, increasing traction and speed.
The Shad has an easy-to-operate adjustable foot control or hand-controlled rudder system, which is interchangeable from one to the other. The deep, adjustable rudder provides great direct action and limits drift which assists in maintaining speed. As a bonus, the rudder blades are compatible with the Bixpy motor.
Our Shad is equipped with a large equipment hatch at the kayak’s bow, a smaller round hatch behind the paddler, and a large tank-well in the swallowtail stern, fitted with bungee cords to secure your load.
The raised deluxe aluminum seating gives you a slightly elevated approach that assists with paddling and visibility and keeps you dry should there be excess water in the craft. The seating is adjustable to the front or the back along the track system.
The Shad is designed for fishing so we added four embedded, angled rod holders to assist with rod storage and positioning. Three accessory rails can hold extra fishing rod holders or accessories. Better still — mount your fish finder. There is spacing built into the hull for a transducer and cabling to run comfortably. The transducer plate protects your transducer and under the transducer plate, you will find pre-assembled inserts to secure your transducer.
Overall, the Shad is a great kayak on both flat water, lakes, rivers, and smooth sea conditions. Its overall design will make your fishing experience fun.
The Shad is a kayak that has a lot to offer, including a tool box that can be easily removed from its deck. One of the main advantages of this vessel is its exceptional stability and versatility. To ensure stability, the kayak has a flat bottom with pontoon channels that keep it level. This feature gives you the ability to sit or stand with confidence while you’re on the water.
- Seating: Single
- Style: Sit on Top
- Roto-molded: 5mm Polyethylene Design
- Hardware: Marine Graded stainless steel fittings.
- Inserts: Brass
- Fin Drive Compatible
- Prop Drive Compatible
- Electric Motor Compatible
ADDITIONAL FEATURES AND EXTRA’S INCLUDED:
- 1 Two-Piece Paddle with three-position adjustment features. The shaft made of heavy-duty black EDC coated aluminum, built-in handgrips, and PVC anti-drip rings.
- 1 Tool Pod
- 1 Deluxe aluminum adjustable seats
- 2 Storage hatched (Large bow hatch and round hatch behind paddler)
- 2 Molded-in side handles
- 3 Molded-in carry handles (front and back)
- 2 Drain plug
- 6 Scupper plugs
- 1 Swivel rod holder
- 4 Integrated fishing rod holders
- 3 Accessory track rails
- 2 Adjustable Footrests (can be converted to control rudder system)
- 2 Molded-in tackle box holders
- 1 fish finder compartment
- 2 Cupholders
- Bungee cords at back tank well area (with 6 D-rings)
- Hand controlled rudder system
OPTIONAL EXTRA’S NOT INCLUDED:
- Motor Mount
- Electric Motor
- Drive Cover
- Fish finder
- Length: 305 cm / 10’4 ft
- Width: 89 cm / 35 inches
- Height: 36.5 cm / 14 inches
- Weight w/out drive: 32 kg / 71 lbs
- Weight with drive: 37 kg / 81 lbs
- Maximum Weight
- Capacity: 200 kg / 440 lbs
top of page
$1,814.00 Regular Price
bottom of page